Tuesday, April 29, 2008

HEY

Well I've read 4 books recently. Two by Ken Follet who wrote Pillars of the Earth. Hammer of Eden was about a terrorist cult group that threatens to trigger an earthquake if the government doesn't cooperate with their requests and Code to Zero which was written a bit differently. A man wakes up in a public bathroom dressed like a bum and he can't remember who he is. Through his search to find out why what and when he discovers that he is a secret agent and that there is a plot to destroy the space program. Yep you guessed it he saves the day.

I liked them both but Pillars of the Earth was much better. I also finished Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. GREAT!!! I loved the depth of these characters. The strength of the women. The 4th eludes me just now it has been more than 24 hours and I Didn't write it down. I checked out the Secret Life of Bees. What kind of secrets could bees have? We'll find out.


Little league is going great. I like soccer but I LOVE baseball. So I am spending a lot of time at the ballpark.

It is getting really hot here and it makes you kinda lazy and your brain and body don't always want to do the same things. I want to spring clean but it's to dam hot. I need to work on the boat but it's way to hot. Maybe I'll just read a book.

a

1 comment:

oreneta said...

I love little league too...we've got a friend whose kid plays in it, we go down to the park in the evening with a watermelon and the dog and what all...it's great...way better than soccer....I liked the secret fan a lot too...haunting, and the footbinding scenes are pretty gross...but...I really liked it too...I enjoyed the secret life of bees as well a lot, I think you will too.