Tuesday, March 4, 2008





Finished James Patterson's "I warned you" or something like that. I didn't see the end coming.It was a fast read. Not much to digest. I usually really like him but the characters of this one were not very deep. I'm going to read a book by Jimmy Buffet next. This should be interesting.




Robert and I are trying to pick a departure date to shoot for, for our around the world cruising adventure. This is tougher than picking are wedding date. And more details. There is still much to do to Wahine and a lot of land locked problems to be dealt with. Wish us luck.

Here are some inspiring cruising pictures.


This is my father in law Waddy at Fort Jefferson, Tortuga. He takes a lot of the cool pics you see on my blog.

Robbie hamming it up in the keys.


Abandoned light house at the Cay Sal Bank. Cooool. Great pic by Waddy.

Me and my honey at the Restaurant near Cayo Costa FL. where every inch of every wall is covered in 1 dollar bills. You sign your name to it and tape it to the wall any where you want. Jimmy Buffets was on the wall near the bar. They said that they sweep up thousands of dollars a year off the floor. It all gets donated to charity. How cool is that? Robbie took this picture.

1 comment:

oreneta said...

I feel rotten Terrie, I haven't commented lately...I'm not quite sure what happened there. Thanks for the link you your buddies from the yard's site as well...it is neat to read, and makes me jealous.

Books...Fugitive Pieces by Ann Michaels (?) I LOVE this book, but it is weird, you could try it...what else, I have so few of my books here. Have you ever read any Edward Abbey? American writer, I find him biting and funny.

Khaled Hosseini, the author of the Kite Runner has another book out....A Thousand Splendid Suns. I haven't read it.

You could try Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

Ken Follet's Pillars of the Earth, and then it's newly released sequel, which I think is World Without End. This is a good historical novel and fun to read..don't let it fall on your face when you doze off though, you'll get a shiner...


Wait wait wait...you have to read have to have to have to..where is my copy I LOVED this book, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, by Lisa See.

Have you read Memoirs of a Geisha? It was good too.

The Secret Life of Bees was also very very good...by Sue Monk Kidd

Looking at the list I like books that tell a great story very well, but also give me a glimpse into how other people lived in other times and places.

As far as setting a date...set it for as far as you can bear and nearer than you think you will accomplish. Fall is traditional too leave around there, your boat is in pretty good shape...what about Christmas next year? If you've got a timeline, it is easier to get up and start really working bloody hard to get everything done, otherwise it is too easy to watch another movie, read another book, whatever...
Get up and go, that kid of yours isn't going to be young enough forever....the windows with kids close on you too...eeeeek.

(no pressure there)

Love to you all. Thinking of you often.